Excel/Select next row to paste in column

Hi Tom,

Previously you wrote this code for me

Sub Consolodate()

Dim shDest As Worksheet, shSource As Worksheet
Dim lastrow As Long, r As Range
Set shDest = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet 2")
Set shSource = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet
Set r = shSource.Range("C2:C18")
lastrow = shDest.Cells(shDest.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
shDest.Cells(lastrow, "A").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub
What it did was it selected a range in one column in one sheet and then pasted it to the next empty row in another sheet. Now I would like to do the opposite. I would like to select the last row that had data input into it and paste it to a specified column. The column will always be the same column and I would like it to automatically paste over the existing data.

Thank you for your help.

so I copy the last used cell in column A to cell F2 every time you run the macro.  It overwrites what is in F2.  Hopefully you can adapt it to what you want to do.

sub abc()
Dim r as Range
set r = cells(rows.count,"A").End(xlup)
r.copy Range("F2")

End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.