Excel/Select a specific row to copy to new sheet

Question
Hi Tom,

You wrote this code for me the other day, and it works absolutely great.

Sub Consolodate()

Dim r As Range
Dim shSrc As Worksheet, shDest As Worksheet
Set shSrc = Worksheets("Estimates")
Set shDest = Worksheets("SingleEst")
Set r = shSrc.Cells(shSrc.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Resize(1, 18)
r.Copy
shDest.Range("B2:B19").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True
End Sub

However is there a way to have it copy a pre selected row instead of the last row with information entered in it.

The reason for this is so that if I need to copy information from the middle of my sheet I only have to select that row and then push a button and it copies it to a column in the next sheet, where I can then print it.

Regards

Monique

Answer
Monique,

do you still just want to copy 18 cells starting in column B for the selected row?

Sub Consolodate()

Dim r As Range
Set shSrc = Worksheets("Estimates")
Set shDest = Worksheets("SingleEst")
Set r = ActiveCell
set r = r.parent.Cells(r.row, "B").Resize(1, 18)
r.Copy
End Sub

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy