Excel/Counts in pivot table

I have a table of data showing a rating score on a scale of 1 - 3.  Each row corresponds to one employee and has a manager identified.  It is possible for a manager to manage more than one employee, but not for one employee to have more than one manager.  I have created a pivot table showing the managers as rows with two columns:  count of employees for whom a rating has been supplied along with the average rating submitted by that manager across all employees.  I would like to add counts of the number of 1 ratings, 2 rating and 3 ratings that the manager has submitted as well.  How can I do this?  I have a sample workbook with raw data and an example of the output I would like produced.

I'm happy to look at the sample - will get me.  I suspect that you aren't going to be able to do it easily with one pivot table, but two thoughts occur to me as ways round it - the first WOULD work with one pivot table, but you'd need to add columns to the source data for each of the rating numbers, with an IF statement returning a one or a zero depending on the rating matching the column rating number (if that makes sense).  The other would be to have formulas to the right of the pivot table which gave you the results you needed using a 2 condition countif function (countifs or sumproduct would do this)

Question found in question pool meaning the original expert was unable or unwilling to answer you question.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!