Excel/Lookup to different tabs

Question
I have a spreadsheet with 220 tabs, each tab representing a cost centre. Each tab is named with the name of the cost centre.  I then have a summary page with the 220 cost centres summarised in column A (also represented by the name).  In columns B to G I have various summarised information eg column B is titled Occupancy and the information that goes into each cell against each home refers to a cell on the individual cost centre tabs.  Is it possible to create a formula which when copied down from cell B2 to B221 on the summary, will automatically change the tab it looks up to, without having to go through the formulas 220 times and doing a find and replace?

The tabs are given exactly the same name as the 220 names in column A of the summary.

Answer
Yes. If you have, for example, this in cell A3:
Cost Center 1
and in B3 you have something like
=VLOOKUP(something,'Cost Center 1'!$A$1:$G$50,6,FALSE)
then you can change the VLOOKUP to:
=VLOOKUP(something,INDIRECT("'" & $A3 & "'!$A$1:$G$50"),6,FALSE)
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas