Excel/shift cell data vertically

Question
Hi, is it possible to move cell data to the next cell

I have 3 columns A,B,C, now if I enter the some data in A,B,C they should move to the next row (of same columns) and as I enter new values, the most frequent one must remain at the top. just like in a form

here is an example
A     B      C
say i enter 4 3 2 in 1st row of A, B, C
they should move to the 2nd row,
A B C
4 3 2
--
A B C
. . .
4 3 2

again if i enter 5, 6, 7 in the 1st row, this data should move to the 2nd row and the data in 2nd row, being the old one, must move to 3rd row and so on.
A B C
. . .
5 6 7
4 3 2

you can say the first row acts as a text field only for entering data, and the most latest data should remain at top.

Can it be done..
Thank you for your time

Answer
Hi Ritesh,

This can definitely be done. There are different ways to manage this requirement depending on what level of macros you want to get into.

1. You can use the excel forms functionality to enter data into the table. But in that case, the data will always be added as a last record. You can add a date field next to your data and sort by descending order of dates to make sure latest values are on top.

2. Second option is to use macros and forms combination

Please let me know what is your preference and we can take care of it.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI