Excel/Stock Reduction Formula

Hi Richard
I am creating a spreadsheet that will track stock levels
I have tried the below formula but it keeps returning the incorrect number

I need it to do the following
Current Stock   Purchased   Remaining   Order
5          1          4          1
but when it falls below 3 in stock id also like it to colour the cell in red to alert me that new stock needs order ?

Hope this all makes sense and i am not asking to much lol

I don't think there is a problem doing what you need, but----

I am not sure what you need, give me some more information please.

Are you trying to track by individual item?
Is your purchase and sale information coming from some other source or direct input on this sheet?
In your example what cell is the formula appearing in?
Are all items going to be highlighted when they reach under 3 remaining?

etc, etc.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant