Excel/VBA adjustment

Hi Tom

I recorded the following macro and assigned it to a button.

Sub fullscreen()
' fullscreen Macro

Application.DisplayFullScreen = True
End Sub

I have two options.  

Option 1
replace the word "true" with "false" and assign to a new button

Option 2
rewrite the code so that the assigned button will toggle between the "true" or "false" option.

Is option two a relatively straightforward task that you could write for me or would it be more efficient to simply go with option 1?

Thanks in advance

Chris Mitchell

Christopher Mitchell,

Here is a demo from the immediate window
? application.DisplayFullScreen
? Not(application.DisplayFullScreen)

so your code can be

Sub fullscreen()
' fullscreen Macro

Application.DisplayFullScreen = Not(Application.DisplayFullScreen)
End Sub

and that will toggle.

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.