Excel/Conditional format formula

Hi Tom

I wish to conditionally format a cell according to the following criteria:

If the actual cell "K5" is less than 2 and cell "A1" is either "Aut 1", "Aut 2" or "Spr 1" then apply format.

I have tried and failed.  Could you help me with this please?

Thanks in advance

Chris Mitchell

Christopher Mitchell
=AND($K$5<2,OR($A$1="Aut 1",$A$1="Aut 2",$A$1="Spr 1"))

should do what you describe.  Since it will resolve to a true or false value, you don't need any IF statement or anything like that.

You can test it by putting it in a cell before you put it in the conditional formatting.

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.