I am wanting to know how to exclude a cell, or cells, from a FORECAST. I'm doing an analysis called a Leave-One-Out analysis. Basically I need to include all cells in a data-set accept for the ones in the same row (ex. =FORECAST(D2,C3:C22,D3:D22). It works easy on the first row, but after that it won't work because I need exclude a cell with other needed cells both above and below the array series. Is there any way to exclude a cell within an array series in a FORECAST?

The forecast function requires a single contiguous range of cells in each argument (of equal size).  So I would say no.  

I don't know how involved you want to get in this.  I could probably write some VBA to assist.

If you want to pursue you can contact me at twogilvy@msn.com with the particulars.  (this isn't a solicitation for money or work).

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.