Excel/Page Numbering Excel

Hi there,

Hopefully an easy question. I am trying to rigure out how to print all worksheets in an excel spreadsheet at one time, but have the page numbering restart for each worksheet.

Lets say I have 3 worksheets (A,B,C). Currently if I select all worksheets the page numbering come out as follows:
A Page 1-5
B Page 6-10
C Page 11-15

What I want is for the page numbering to come out as follows:
A page 1-5
B page 1-5
C page 1-5

As far as I know you cannot do this in exactly the manner you want, but you can get the result you want - as you probably know, if you print the worksheets one worksheet at a time, you will get the numbering right, but obviously that is a laborious process (select one, print, select next, print etc).  BUT you can use a macro to print each sheet in the workbook one at a time, which is not going to cause you the effort of doing it manually, but will give the desired result

Sub pter()
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
End Sub

should do the job
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!