Excel/scientific number

Question
Hi
I have an access db that creates files for me. however when it does it changes some numbers from number format to scientific

is there anyway to stop this from happening
Thanks
Marcus

Answer
I would IMAGINE the database is outputting the value correctly, but it's then being displayed in scientific format - it's probably worth noting that the more complex the number, the less accurate any calculations will be - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numeric_precision_in_Microsoft_Excel. If you click into the cell, you should see the number has been stored correctly, and changing the format of the cell from general to a numeric format will force Excel to display in whatever format you want - but again, with the caveat that the maths may be slightly out!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage