Excel/VBA Macro - Format Print Area

Question

I have a large excel spreadsheet (A1:AT268) that I am trying to format so that the rows fall evenly between two printed pages. Ideally, I would have a VBA macro that identify the largest number of cells that a printed page can have then the rest of the cell would be printed on a second page.

Thanks

Answer
Rich,

The best way would be to define the print area (or if it is a fresh sheet you don't need to do that). then use Page Layout, then print on the lower right of the button the page setup to get to the print settings menu and set up  fit to print and select 1 sheet wide by two sheets tall

You can get the code by turning on the macro recorder while you perform the actions manually.  Then you can turn off the recorder and work with the recorded code to make it more configurable if you need to.

This would not balance rows between pages, but your second sentence overrode that concept expressed in your first sentence.

This would be immensely easier than trying to have the code try to figure it out.  Excel VBA only provides rudimentary support for doing what you want.  Of course my experience is back several versions, but I wouldn't expect they have done much in that area.  

Of course I could be wrong.  

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy