Excel/What Best formula to use

Question
Consolidation Sample
Consolidation Sample  
Hello Tom,

I have a master spreadsheet, and other worksheet of company branches on different sheet, though on same workbook.

I would like a formula to look up the values and total them on the master spreadsheet under the highlighted headers. I tried the INDEX and MATCH function, but some returns a #n/a. Is there any other formula i can apply? The row numbers on the units sheet is not the same, but the Master sheet has got all the row items.

I am sure this should be easy for you to solve, but i am having a hard time. Please help me.

I have  attached the image of sample file.

Answer
Kauther,

If you index and match work if the value is found, you can avoid the #N/A buy doing this

Say this formula works but sometime returns #N/A if the value is found
=index(range,match(cell,range1,0),1)

You can then do this

=iferror(index(range,match(cell,range1,0),1),0)

this will return the value or zero when the match is not made.  

I can't tell you a better function with only the small amount of information you gave.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy