Excel/Command Boxes in Excel

I have had a spreadsheet for years which helps me manage my checkbook.  I have command boxes with VBA code to do such functions as find a date, reconcile the account, transfer between savings and checking, etc.

This morning, none of the six command boxes work.  I verified that the coding was still there and I am wondering if there is a "switch" of some kind that de-activates their execution.  Recently, I have had to enable Active X operations and perhaps that has something to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

its sounding as though macros are disabled -you didnt' give the version of excel, so I'll hope these instructions work - use file, options, trust centre, trust centre settings - check that this is set to one of the options which will run macros - which hopefully it isn't at the moment.  IF that doesn't work, let me know the version of office and I will try and dig deeper for you.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!