Excel/Copying between work sheets

Question
I'm in  Excel  worksheet Sheet1.
IF B1=1, I want to put in my location B2 on Sheet1 the value that is in sheet2 at the location $A$1.
=IF(B1=1,B2=Sheuet2!$A$1,)
This is my formula,but I get True or False, not the value from sSheet 2

Answer
This is because you have an equation in your VALUE_IF_TRUE parameter. No matter what:

X=Y

will always evaluate to either TRUE or FALSE. That's what you're getting for an answer.

The VALUE_IF_TRUE needs to be a discrete value or a cell reference.

=IF(B1=1,B2,Sheet1!A1)

Now it says "if B1=1 then this cell equals whatever is in B2 on this sheet, OTHERWISE, put A1 from Sheet1 here."

See this tutorial for more help on the IF function.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 90-minute Microsoft Excel Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
Microsoft MVP
Computer Learning Zone
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Rost