Excel/excel 2010 stock quote update

I get stock quotes from excel by going to existing connections>msnmoney central investor stock quotes> and then just plug in all the other parameters to get a quote. I have several hundred workbooks each with their own query to find a quote for a different stock. I've been doing this for over a decade. Never a problem, until today. Why is it that all of a sudden today, none of my workbooks will update the quotes? I called a guy about 800 miles away and he can't get a quote either, going through the exact same procedure. What can be done to get my quotes coming back? I'm open for all suggestions. thank you.

Not something I do but look at these links:

the second says that Microsoft Money Stopped giving quotes about 4 days ago, but it isn't clear what the date of the post was.  The overall date is Dec 14, 2014.  

Down in the middle of the article, it stated that they had changed the syntax of an argument in a function.  I think the function might be using the old Stock Quote Addin.  But since it said the new argument made it work - then perhaps MS Money is still providing quotes but needs the new syntax.  

Here is another possibility.  Microsoft released a normal "fix" for Office around 9 Dec and this "fix" causes activeX controls not to work.  so if your solution required clicking on a button and the button is not working, then perhaps that is your problem.  You can see this:

Basically you need to search your hard drive for *.exd files and delete all of them.  They will be recreated if they are needed.  

Here is the Microsoft Article about it if you feel safer with that:

Just to add. I looked at the Excel forum in Microsoft Communities and didn't see any discussion of this issue (getting stock quotes).  So I don't think it is systemic.  I did see posting on the ActiveX issue.

Hope something here helps you.

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.