Excel/size of individual worksheets

I am trying to find out the size of individual worksheets in a work book.  The workbook in question has many worksheets.  

Could you tell me the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Chris Mitchell

ANSWER: Christopher Mitchell,

If you mean manually, you can hit F5 to get the goto dialog and then select Special and on the next dialog, choose "Last Cell" and click OK or do Ctrl+END.

that it the lower right corner of the rectangular block of cells that for which Excel is maintaining information about.  The cells below and to the right are virtual - you can see them draw, but excel does not store information about them.  Many times this will not be the last cell that contains data.  

Or you could write a macro.  If you want a macro you would have to describe specifically what behavior you would want and what you mean by size.

Tom Ogilvy

Thank you for your time on this one.  If a macro can be written I would like it to to scan a workbook and report the individual size, in MB,of each worksheet.  

Once again, thanks in advance
Chris Mitchell

Christopher Mitchell,

There is no support for that unless you want each worksheet copied to a single sheet workbook and save the new workbook as a file using the sheet name.  Then you could look and see how big that file is but that would only be an approximation I would think.  

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.