Excel/Achievement rate using pivot table

Question
Using Excel 2010, I have a table of 1,000+ records structured with the following data fields in columns:

Employee Name
Milestone Date 1
Milestone Date 2
Milestone Date 3
Milestone Date 4
Status
Manager Name

For each of the four Milestone Dates, there is either a date value or blank.  A manager will have numerous employees, but an employee has only one manager.

I would like to create a pivot table that displays the percentage of employees with a Milestone Date shown as four columns in the pivot table for each manager.  If possible, I would also like to have the pivot table update the percentages based upon a selected Status for the employee population.

How would I construct such a pivot table?

Thanks.

Answer
Hi David,

Sure.

1. Insert a blank pivot table based off the data
2. Drag Manager name to the row area
3. Drag employee name to the row area, below manager name
4. Drag the dates to the sigma values area in the order you like
5. Make sure the subtotals are in place (default)
6. Right-click each date column in the pivot and choose "Show Values As", "Percentage of Column Total"
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Jan Karel Pieterse