Excel/Add text strings if columns in another sheet are not hidden

I am working with a worksheet with two sheets. I need to add the text that appears in a range in a column (a20 to a70) if the cells are shown, not hidden.
Can this be done with a formula?

Esther -

To clarify: you want a formula that looks at another sheet, and if the text in the cell you are looking at is not hidden, then display that text. Is this correct?

Right now I don't know of a way to identify hidden cell content (unfortunately, CELL() doesn't include "hidden" as an option) with a formula, but I will think about it while I wait for you to confirm that I'm answering the question you want. Is it possible for you to use VBA instead of a formula?

- Andrea
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Andrea Lynch

I am very familiar with teaching excel concepts, and formulas. I am not as capable with VBA questions.

I currently tutor in this area. I worked for four years developing curriculum and teaching Microsoft applications to adult audiences. I also previously volunteered for

BA, English, Western Washington University Certificates in C Programming, ASP.NET, VisualBasic.NET, University of Washington Extension

Rated in the top ten instructors (national), New Horizons Computer Learning Center.