Excel/Checklists in excel

Question
Hi Bob,
I work with a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Software called Capsule. I also use Mailchimp for mail shots. When I add a new prospective customer to Capsule I assign one or more market sectors using a tag. Eg if the prospect sells plastic trim into the Automotive industry I will probably assign it two sectors: "Sector:Automotive" and "Sector:Materials". I then upload the entry from Capsule into Mailchimp (the two programmes are compatible) and these tags will map into the various sector groups in Mailchimp. The point is that when I send mailshots I can target particular sectors.

The problem is that often I bulk upload entries into Capsule. If for example I have just been to a trade show, I will have 100 business cards which I will enter into an excel template (that has around a dozen columns like name, email address, location, sector etc) , save it as a csv file and then import into Capsule.

Until now I thought I only needed to assign one sector per prospect so there was no problem: i.e if I had entered just "Automotive" in the "Sector" column, then that would map fine into Capsule when doing the upload. But now as I said we want to be able assign two or more sectors to a prospect.. The question is how can we make the excel template so that the "Sector" column allows you to choose two or more sectors.

According to Capsule support, if you put in two or more sectors into a cell in the csv file, it will recognise them as separate tags if separated by commas, so in theory we could just write in the excel, for example: "Automotive, Materials" but this would be a nightmare to fill in as there are at least a dozen sectors to choose from. What I think I need is some sort of checkbox list that includes all the available sectors, but I cant really understand Excel's help page about making checkbox lists or even if it is the right solution for me.

Is this clear, and can you help?!
Alex

Answer
I guess it's not clear enough to help (yet) - You want to be able to multi-select from a listbox (checkbox is probably not the way to go) and with each selection add what's selected to the active cell? If that's the case, it's be a LOT easier to show than explain here - so let me know your email address & I can send you a sample...
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas