Excel/count & summing of unique values from a set of values

how to count unique values from a set of values where duplicates also exists

and how to sum the count of Unique values of another column, upon a given condition

any examples are welcome

Thanking you

warm Regards,

Nadeem -

The first part of your question is pretty straight forward. To do a count without duplicates you need to combine three formulas:

Which basically means, if you find a value within this range that is greater than 0 and is not a duplicate, then add 1 to the count. Copy and paste this formula into Excel and put numbers in the range, you'll see how it works.

For the second part of your question, I will need some idea of what your data looks like. I'm not sure if there are two columns or just one being used. I would prefer a quick example, such as:

Col A  Col B
1      a
2      b
3      c

Let me know - Andrea
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Andrea Lynch

I am very familiar with teaching excel concepts, and formulas. I am not as capable with VBA questions.

I currently tutor in this area. I worked for four years developing curriculum and teaching Microsoft applications to adult audiences. I also previously volunteered for

BA, English, Western Washington University Certificates in C Programming, ASP.NET, VisualBasic.NET, University of Washington Extension

Rated in the top ten instructors (national), New Horizons Computer Learning Center.