Excel/Excel borders

Question
Hello,

I used Imgur.com to upload a screenshot of an Excel worksheet that has the border I want. The author created a green background, with a white center, and within the center there are rectangular tables with black borders. How do you get black borders like that, with white space in between it and the green background. In the picture, I circled the border style I am talking about. I am using Excel 2010.

http://i.imgur.com/VmeIiMc.jpg

Thanks

Answer
Border dialog
Border dialog  
KC,

Select the cells where you want the border.  Right click and choose format cells.  Choose the Border Tab.  in the left part of the dialog is a box with two columns of various border formats.  I chose on forth one on the right column and then click in the box where I wanted the boarders (just the Exterior parts).  Then click OK and it produced the borders you show.  

See the attached image.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy