Excel/Excel Help

Question

Is there a formula in Excel for allowing a dynamic count down to a certain date? Right now I'm using something like this:

=DATE(2014, 3, 13)-TODAY()

I would like the number of days remaining to change without having to close and open the file.

Thank You

Answer
KC

formulas only update when there is a calculation.  Opening and closing a workbook will cause that but so will many other things.  

You can hit the F9 key to cause a calculation.  

So your formula is fine. You just need to cause a calculation each day.  

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy