Excel/Excel: need macro that changes font color after editing the cell then back to default after 24 hours

Just wonder if Excel VBA is possible to change the font color from default (Black) to red of a cell from columns G and H after editing it? And after 24 hours it changes back to default color when the workbook opens.

Thanks in advance.

Right-click the sheet tab, select View Code, enter this:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
   If Target.Column = 7 Or Target.Column = 8 Then
       Target.Font.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0)
       SaveSetting "Elaine", "T1", Target.Address(0, 0), Now
   End If
End Sub

In the "ThisWorkbook" section (right-click "Thisworkbook" in the VBE), select View Code, enter this:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
   For Each thing In Range("G:H").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
       If thing.Font.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0) Then
         x = GetSetting("Elaine", "T1", thing.Address(0, 0), "")
         If x <> "" Then If Now - TimeValue(x) >= 1 Then Range(thing.Address).Font.Color = RGB(0, 0, 0)
       End If
End Sub

That should do it,.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks