Excel/Excel shared workbook

Question
I want to set up a shared workbook where each user works in their own sheet ( with their own password protection ). Is this possible?

Answer
Presumably all sheets would be visible - if so, in an unshared workbook it's simply a case of selecting the sheets one at a time and applying a password to protect the sheet.  As I say, all sheets would be visible, but the only way of editing them would be to unprotect.  HOWEVER, this won't work in a shared workbook as the option to unprotect sheets disappears.  A better solution would be to have individual workbooks, which could be password protected for opening, and have a master sheet which links to the individual books if you need to be able to summarise the data. This would also remove the need to have the books shared - shared workbooks are best avoided.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage