Excel/Filtering weekends in Excel

How do I simply filter weekends out if I have a list of dates, leaving just the workdays in the list?

You cannot do it in one go, as there isn't the ability to filter on a formula - but you CAN create a "helper" column which will allow you to do what you want - if you enter

where A2 relates to the cell with the date in it, you will get a 6 for Saturday and a 7 for Sunday - so you can use a column containing that formula to filter on values less than 6.

IF you need to filter out bank holidays as well it will get more complicated!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!