Excel/FIND in the whole workbook & make report.

Hi Aidan,

There was no "follow up question button" for me to reply to you.

Column D is formatted as currency and displays as such, but the sum still does not appear, as I mentioned before if I overwrite one figure it will appear in the sum cell, if I overwrite 2 figures they will both sum but will not add the existing figures.

I hope I have explained this OK.

I follow the problem, but cannot duplicate it on my example data - I've changed the line we talked about yesterday to

Sheets("Dashboard").Cells(outvar, 4).Value = sht.Cells(RowLoop + 10, ColLoop + 1).Value

just in case that makes a difference, but either way gave me an updateable formula.  POSSIBLY the issue is with the data on the source worksheets, if they are text format it could cause a problem.  As LONG as the data will always be numeric then

Sheets("Dashboard").Cells(outvar, 4).Value = val(sht.Cells(RowLoop + 10, ColLoop + 1).Value)

would get round it

I'm happy to look at sample data if this doesn't resolve it - my email being
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!