Excel/if formula

Hello Robert,

I am trying to do multiple if formulas within one cell. Basically it is to determine pay of an individual. If an employee works under 8 hours they get regular rate of pay but if they work over 8 hours they get a bonus applied to their pay as you can see --> Bonus applied: under 8 hours= regular pay, =8hrs but less than 9hrs= $3.00, =9hrs but less than 10hrs= $3.25, =10 but less than 11hrs= $3.75, =11but less than 12hrs=4.25, =12hrs= $4.50

for example an employee works 9.4hrs they should get a bonus of $3.25hrs.

If you could help me out that would be greatly appreciated?

This should work for you.

As you can see it is a series of separate formulas which when added together will equal the result that you want because each formula equates to the result you want given the hours worked or zero.

You can copy and paste the above formula directly to your spreadsheet.

Hope this helps

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant