hi Bob, how've you been?

This query is about VBA/macros.
Like you, I've been using computers for a long time.
I started out using Lotus 1-2-3 macros. I loved them! I loved them because they were intuitive, easy to use, easy to understand. I was able to write macros for the most complicated problems, and it took very little time.
Then Excel came along, and spoiled my fun. I find VBA to be counter-intuitive, hard-to-understand, and very boring!
I know that Lotus will not come back, so I ask you for an recommendation for learning VBA. There are many books, and many tutorials out there, but they turn me off. They are as dull and boring as VBA itself.
Don't the geniuses at Microsoft understand what a dull program they have created?
So, again, can you recommend a source that will make it easier for me to connect with this stinker?

Thanks for listening.

Try this great book by Reed Jacobson:

And I find VBA intuitive, easy to understand, and very exciting! So I guess we're different!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at http://www.thumbtack.com/ny/new-york/excel-training/

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks