Excel/Combining Non-cotiguous Range into Contiguous range without delketeing rows

I have a table that contains conditional formatting.

The table has:
5 rows of data
3 blank rows
7 rows of data
2 blank rows
6 rows of data
and so on...

I would like eliminate the blank rows by moving the data rows adjacent to the last data row.

I don't want to delet ethe blank rows becaus ethey contain conditional formatting teh references the value in th erow above.

How would you recommend accomplishing this task?

I would try sorting the data (sort not filter).

generally blank cells will in the sort key column will sort to the top or bottom - reverse you order of sort to achieve what  you want if they go to the wrong end.

If you want to maintain the order except for the blanks, insert a column and number it to achieve the results you want - then sort on that column.  

You can then delete the dummy column.

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.