Excel/continuous numbering in columns on worksheet

good morning. i am needing some help in continuous numbering in columns on a single worksheet. eg column a will be 1-50,column b will be 51-100. is there a formula i can use to indicate that the columns are numbered as such and when i click on next column, the numbering will start automatically, continuing from previous column? many thnks

I'm not sure I follow the requirement - if it is to simply have a series of numbers in the cells then in B1 type

and in B2 type
=B1 + 1

This second formula can be dragged down and then all resultant formulas dragged across to auto-fill a range of cells with the sequential numbers you want.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!