Excel/excel 2003

Question
I am trying to create an xy scatter chart using excel 2003 and want to create four quadrants in different colours so that when the results are displayed on the chart i can see which of the four corners the results come in. Do you know how i can do this?
adrian

Answer
I think this page http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/shaded-quadrant-excel-xy-scatter-chart/ is the one you are after - that site has some fantastic charting resources and is one I regularly recommend.  The steps shown are revised for office 2007 onwards, but I think point in the right direction - I'm having problems finding Jon's original post which was specfically for the older versions - I think it IS still on the site but may take a bit of searching.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage