Excel/Identifying formulas

Question
Bob,

I'm using Excel 2003 with XP3.

In a certain area of my workbook, I'd like to be able to quickly identify cells containing a formula (vs. an input value).  Is there a way to write a conditional formatting formula to do that?

Thank you for your time,
Joe

Answer
You need some VBA.
In a module, write this:
Function HasFml(rg As Range) As Boolean
   HasFml = rg.HasFormula
End Function

Then select all the cells you want this to apply the CF to, and assuming the ACTIVE cell is H10, this is the conditional formatting formula:
=HasFml(H10)
and apply your formatting.

HTH
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas