Excel/macro to delete obsolete product specs

Good day,
I have a list of product specifications on an Excel worksheet that periodically need cleaning up. I would like to be able to enter the product number in a cell, say cell A1, then use a clickable button to go to where this spec is and delete it. The specs are in columns B to H and use 150 lines per spec.
I have searched the net for hours and can get no help and my own personal efforts have proven fruitless. Please help.

Sub Deleter()
   'assumes product# is in column B; key for deletion is entered in A1
   'Also assumes column J is available for temp use 0 if not, change that in the indicated code
   Application.ScreenUpdating = False
   n = Range("B1048576").End(xlUp).Row
   Cells(1, 10).Resize(n).FormulaR1C1 = "=if(r1c1=rc2,1,NA())"
   On Error Resume Next
   Columns(10).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, xlNumbers).EntireRow.Delete
   Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks