Excel/assigning random numerical values ot cells in excel

Question
Hi, I need to assign random numerical values to one column in my spreadsheet. I am then going to randomly sort them to mix them up several times. How do I assign the value. I thought it was something like +sum...? I don't remember, please help! Thanks!!!!

-Chris

Answer
Hi Chris
How are you?

you can either use

=rnd()

which  generates a random number between 0 and 1
or

=randbetween(n1, n2)

which  generates a random number between n1 and n2

to sort them up , you can use

=largest( range, k)

where k is 1 for the largest number, 2 for the second largest number , etc.

Cheers
Adelaide

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Adelaide carvalho