Excel/Automatic Open Hyperlink in excel

Question
Sir,

I have a master file where in all pdfs are hyperlinked to a particular part number..
For e.g.

B          C
         Part Number          Attached PDF
         1.       100****89          100***89.pdf
         2.
         3.
         and so on...

Now in a different sheet I have used a formula =hyperlink(Vlookup(C6,Sheet1!B1:C3,2,0)) in D6 wherein it is showing me the pdf that I attached in master file while I scan the bar code and importing relevant data into C6 cell of excel

For e.g.

C          D
         6          100***90(Inputting using bar code scanner)          100***90.pdf(this hyperlinked gets displayed when part number is scanned)

But pdf gets displayed only when I click on to the hyperlink.Is there a way that pdf gets displayed as soon as I enter the part number.

Please help on this matter. Thank you in advance.

Saurabh Mundeja
For e.g.

B          C
         Part Number          Attached PDF
         2.
         3.
         and so on...

For e.g.

C          D

Saurabh Mundeja

Answer
Hi Saurabh,

Excel normally opens only when user clicks on the hyperlink. However, if you are comfortable with macros, you could write a small macro to open the hyperlink everytime you enter the value in the cell.
If you are not too find of macros, then, clicking on the link is not too bad an idea.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI