Excel/Conditional Formating

Question
conditional format
conditional format  
QUESTION: Excel 2010
Column G contains dates (in the past up to 14 days from today). I want to do a conditional format to highlight based on 3 values.
Red for those older than today
Yellow for those in the next 7 day
Green for those between 8 & 14 days

At first I thought I could do “Format Cells that contain” but that will not work.
Then I thought I could do a 3-color scale, but that will not work either.

How would I do this?

ANSWER: One issue you have is you put formulas inside quotes:
="<TODAY()" will compare the contents of a cell to a "<" symbol, and then a "T", then "O", etc!
You need 3 separate conditional formats. Select G1:Gx (x=last date), and assuming G1 is the active cell, apply the rules in this order:
Green formula: =G1<TODAY()+15
Yellow formula: =G1<TODAY()+7
Red formula: =G1<TODAY()

HTH

QUESTION: That did not work either, so I think I am going to go another route. I want to conditional format by a specific date. I would like column F to Highlight Red for all dates occurring before 02/02/2014.

Answer
My solution works fine. Not sure what you did. I'm also not sure if what you said is a question or not: "That did not work either, so I think I am going to go another route. I want to conditional format by a specific date. I would like column F to Highlight Red for all dates occurring before 02/02/2014."

Feel free to send a sample workbook to me at bobumlas@hotmail.com. Use subject of "AllExpertsQ" and I'll take a look at what you did & explain what happened.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas