Excel/Exact formula

I have a big spread sheet that i would like to use the exact formula on the spreadsheet below.

column 1    column 2      column 3       column 4

Name         Number        Number        exact formula

Ian          1          1          True
frank          2          2          True
bill          3          3          true
john          4          False
Craig          5          4          false

What i would like to happen is where there is no number for the exact number to look up i would like this to stay blank if possible? so in the case of john there is no second number to for the exact formula to pick up so i would like this left blank?

In a different cell then i would like to pick up how many false's there were and the name of the individual where the false has occured.

Is this possible?

If so Thank you for your help

Kind regards

with the data being in a1 to D6, and John being in row 5, the formula would be

(I've given you the formula for this row, but obviously it can be extended to all other cells in the row.  I've assumed the test is the numbers being the same)

for the false count
where d2:D6 is the range you want to count

The final bit is possible, but as the count might be greater than one you would need an array filter to do this - and you MAY be better off simply using the filter option in excel to filter on column D being FALSE?

I can explain array filters if you need me to however!
(question found in the question pool)
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!