Excel/exc 2007

I have a list of part numbers in Column A and I have hyper linked attached to those numbers in Column B which is a PDF specific to each part  number.
Now I am taking input in Cell C1 from a scanner which is giving me item number. Now as soon as input is received in the cell C1 macro gets triggered and displays a particular pdf. Everything is working great up til now.I have pasted the full code below.

But some parts we are procuring from different suppliers. In that case part number is same but what I want to display is different. Now I want to add in this code only a command that will look for part numbers as it is looking now. In case of single part number it goes as it is going now but in case of multiple part numbers it looks for Vendor code which will be written in column D for only those part numbers and asks for vendor code and then displays the relevant document. I hope I made myself clear.Please tell me if something is not clear
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Yours Sincerely
Saurabh Mundeja

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
   If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C1")) Is Nothing Then macro
End Sub
Sub macro()
     Dim myR As Range
     Set myR = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:A").Find( _
         What:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("C1").Value, LookIn:=xlFormulas)
       If Not myR Is Nothing Then
         ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink myR.Offset(, 1).Value
         MsgBox "Item Number Not Found. Please check The Number You have Entered"
         End If
End Sub

something like this should work for you I think

Dim Checkvar As String, ExitLoop As Boolean, MyR As Range
   If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Range("A:A"), Range("C1").Value) > 0 Then
       Checkvar = InputBox("Please enter the vendor code")
       ExitLoop = False
       For looper = 2 To Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row
         If Cells(looper, 4).Value = Checkvar And Cells(looper, 1).Value = Range("C1").Value Then
         ExitLoop = True
         Exit For
         End If
   ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink (Cells(looper, 2).Value)
   End If

I THINK I've got the right column numbers, but forgive me if this isn't so.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!