Excel/Exporting excel to .html

Question
Hi there,

I have an excel spread sheet with some cells that have hyperlinks. These hyperlinks are pointing to some audio, .mps files. When clicked will open some audio files in the same PC. I want to save this excel as a .html file. I have triled the save as to save the file to .html, but when doing that in the .html page instead of opening the file it will ask us to save the file. Can we have a .html file that acts just like the excel hperlink which plays the audio. Your help on this regard is appreciated.

Answer
Hi Terrence,

What you are trying to do has more to do with html code.
When creating a webpage, you can add plugins to play audio / video files directly instead of prompting a save.
However, as far as I know, it can't be managed through excel.

Can you try posting the question on a browser related forum in allexperts, I'm sure you'll find the solution there.

Please feel free to contact me if you are not able to find anything elsewhere and we will try to figure things out.

Thanks,
Gulshan.  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI