I have a list of First Name in Column A and If First name is same than for only those first names I have Roll number listed in column B.For e.g. If first name is nitin and there are 4 nitin's in class than only for those 4 nitin's, roll numbers are listed in column B. whereas if first name is Zergham and there is only 1 student with that name cell in Column B is empty in this case.
SNo.       Column A          Column B          Column C
1          Nitin          123
2          Nitin          456
3          Zergham

Now if user inputs Nitin then macro code checks if there are more than 1 entry and if it is it should ask user for roll number and then it should display hyperlinked jpeg in coumn C that contains Students photo.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sulabh,

I had a similar question from another user. My question to you is:
Wouldn't it be easier to just have a roll numbers for all the students and search only by roll numbers. That way, your data is more robust and there is no risk of a wrong name being picked up.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India