Excel/2 workbooks updating a third.

Question
QUESTION: Hi to you Bob
First of all I would like to thank you for just taking the time to help lesser mortals like myself.
I have a big ask right now, maybe too big.

The title says 2 workbooks updating a third, its quite a bit more than that in as much as some macro/code required on the third workbook, or, you may suggest a better soloution.

1. What I would like is 2 multi-sheet workbooks (Share Sheet Silver Dawn & Share Sheet Stelissa) automatically updating a third single-sheet workbook (Crew Shares) with Trip Number (from B2), Date (from B4) and Net Mending (from F46) and Total Paid (from 10 rows down and 1 column right of the name)

2. To have a button on the Crew Shares sheet, when pressed to ask for Start & End dates, then show Only data within those dates.

3. Another button, when pressed, gives a “list” of the crew, generated by the ever changing contents of row starting G2 to ever expanding row 2, then show Only columns A, B & C and the column matching the crew name, and Only rows with data including the sub-total row.

4. A button to print “Only columns A, B & C and the column matching the crew name, and Only rows with data including the sub-total row”

5. Be able to leave the date filter in place and pick another crew name to show and print.

6. A button to clear ALL filters.

7. If you can help with all this, probably the hardest part of ALL, I would like to try and understand what and how it has been achieved, as my knowledge is very limited.

I have put the three workbooks mentioned above (with limited data) on Microsoft’s OneDrive, these can be accessed with the following link>
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4A23C96634544272!110&authkey=!AIfNfuemmQnGJZg&ithint=folder%2c.xlsm

Once again, thank you for your time.
Regards
Keith
(Penzanze UK)

ANSWER: There are a number of issues with your request aside from it really being too involved for "ask an expert" - this isn't a question, it's a small job!
Aside from that, there are inconsistencies with the data, making the task either not possible or quite involved. For example, in the Crew Shares workbook, you have Sliver Dawn instead of Silver Dawn; the values for James Black (Col Q) seem to come from EITHER B36 or B37 (inconsistent) with no explanation of which one is the right to choose. Or perhaps it should be B43 or other.; Your saying in step 1 "...Total Paid (from 10 rows down and 1 column right of the name)...) -- where is "the name"? What name?

Since this is involved, if you could answer the above questions and make the data consistent, this can be worked out, but not gratis - tell me what you're willing to pay and I will let you know if/when I can do it, with the macro fully documented.

Feel free to ask another if you find this unreasonable.

QUESTION: Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply.

I fully understand what you are saying, about this be more like a "job".

Like you, I am doing this to help someone else, in this case the mother (in her 70's) who is trying to help her son with his records.

As the only thing I get out of this is the satisfaction that I have helped someone, (I guess you can understand that being an expert volunteer) and mother does it for the love of her son, I am unable to pay you for your services.

As steps 2 onwards in my last post, was just something I thought would be “nice” for the lady, it is not something she would use more than perhaps once a year, so I think I can forget that part.

So, would it still be too much of an ask to request your assistance for part 1 only?

1.   What I would like is 2 multi-sheet workbooks (Share Sheet Silver Dawn & Share Sheet Stelissa) automatically updating a third single-sheet workbook (Crew Shares) with Trip Number (from B2), Date (from B4) and Net Mending (from F47) and Total Paid (from 10 rows down and 1 column right of the name)

I apologise for the inconsistencies, totally my fault having manufactured this data purely for this exercise.  I have rectified the Silver Dawn error and input new figures as well as altering some of the layout to make both Share Sheet books consistent except for the first sheet in each book.

I will try and clarify my request.

When entering data into Share Sheet Silver Dawn & Share Sheet Stelissa, I would like the workbook Crew Shares updated with the
Vessel Name (A1)
Trip Number (from B2)
Date (from B4)
Net Mending (from F47)
Total Paid to the crew member
Crew Name in A5 Total Paid in B15
Name in E5, Total Paid F15
Name in A19, Total Paid in B29
Name in E19, Total Paid in F29
Name in A33, Total Paid in B43
Name in E33, Total Paid in F43.

Below is a new link to amended files.

http://1drv.ms/1gXDzYf

I hope this is a bit more doable.

Kind Regards
Keith

ANSWER: More questions:
1 - Most of Net Mending I find in F49, not F47 - should I check where the text "Net Mending" is?
2 - You say you want Crew Shares updated when entering data. When? With each cell entered? If I enter SOMETHING in one cell on Share Sheet Silver Dawn, do I update everything? How do I know if I need to start a new line or not? I think instead of updating Crew Shares with EACH cell entered, there should be a button which needs to be clicked to enter all the current data. But if the button is pressed 3 times, then each press will create a new line with the same data. Do you need error checking so this doesn't happen?
3 - where is "Total paid to the crew member"? Is that B15? Confused because you seemed to mention it twice.

QUESTION: Hi Bob,

I’m sorry for the confusion, I hope I have clarified it below, I must admit I do find difficult to explain things simply.