Excel/Copy text data across sheets to/from non-adjacent columns

Question
I am using Excel 2011 v14.4.1 to transcribe and analyze language sample data. My transcription spreadsheet is organized as follows: C1 and T1 are the child and teacher, video/time/speaker/to are each entered in a merged cell (2 merged rows):

Video   Time    Speaker   To   Language Mode   Utterance Component 1   Utt Comp 2 etc
1   00:32   C1   C1   ASL          
         SE   yeah     they   all   coming    out   
1   00:50   T1   C1   ASL          
         SE   what    are      you?      
1   00:52   T1   C1   ASL          
         SE   are      you   a   bird?   

Every time an utterance is entered into the sheet, one word per column is entered in the columns 'Utt Comp 1' through 'Utt Comp 10'. I am using conditional formatting to change the color of every Speaker cell that contains C1, which lets me sort by cell color to see all the C1 data together. I need to be able to move all my C1 data from my transcription sheet to my analysis sheet, which has columns organized like this:

Utterance#   Video   Timestamp   Mode   Utt Comp 1   Utt Comp 2 etc to Utt Comp 7

My analysis sheet also uses merged cells (2 merged rows) for Utt#, Video, and Timestamp. What I want to be able to do is automatically populate the columns Video, Timestamp, and Utt Comp 1-7 in my analysis sheet from my transcription sheet if Speaker=C1. I have been doing this by sorting by cell color to isolate C1 utterances, then copying and pasting the data manually by column, but I  am hoping there is a way to do this using a macro that eliminates the need to manual data transfer. I am happy to send you an excerpt of my workbook if that would be helpful.

Thank you!
-Rhys

Answer
Ryhs,

You can send a workbook to me and I will take a look.  I assume Excel 2011 is a Macintosh version of Excel.  I only have windows.  I can try writing a macro that works in the windows version (Excel 2010 is the highest version I have installed) and hopefully it will work for you on the Macintosh.  

you can send it to twogilvy@msn.com

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy