Excel/Import Selected cells values

Dear Bob,

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide in following issue:

I created workbook to compare values from different workbooks and it should work like following steps:

Step 1: search for all excel workbook pasted in the same activeworkbook folder, list all those files name in column A in sheet1 from activeworkbook............ This step done successfully, (and results was all departmental reports has been pasted in sheet 1, column A ------- i.e. in A2 I got HR_Reports.xlsx, in A3 I got Production_Report.xlsx, in A4 I got Admin_Report.xlsx....etc)

Step 2: Copy sheet 2 from this activeworkbook and renamed it as first four letters from the excel files name (which was pasted in column A --- Sheet 1 from same workbook)........... this done successfully and give me number of copied sheets equal to number of excel sheets in the current folder (one Sheet named "HR_R" , another sheet named "PROD", another also named "Admi" ...etc.#

Step 3: Import all sheets name in each excel file and paste it in Column B from respective sheet, and add selected cells values to column C, D, ......... this step I can't do. #my requirements to explore HR_Report file, list all its sheet names in Column B in sheet "HR_R" within my activeworkbook, then if sheet name is "AVB" then paste me cell #C55# in #c3# from HR_R sheet....etc. , similarly, I want to get all sheet names from Production_Report.xlsx and list it in column "B" in "Prod" sheet in my ativeworkbook, then identify the sheet name, if its "AVB", then get me cell c55 from original document and paste it in C3 in "Prod" sheet......etc.

Kindly note, I ask the same question to one of your colleague in the same website, and his reply was as following:

" Mahmoud,

I really don't understand your question- however, you seem every happy with the help you have been getting from Bob Umlas so why not keep working with him.

Tom Ogilvy  "

Need LOTS more info re step3:
"..add selected cells values to column C, D,E...."  What do you mean by "selected cells"? Nothing is selected if the workbook wasn't even opened!
What's special about cell C55? What does "..paste me cell #C55#..." mean?
How is "AVB" related to C55 (if it is)?

Your description of step3 is very confusing.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks