Excel/Calculating standardised score through Age and a Raw score

Conversion Table
Conversion Table  

I am using Microsoft excel 2010.

I'm trying to create a formula that will help me combine the age and raw score to get a standardised score.

I have a hard copy of the table showing how raw scores and age correlate to give a standardised score, I have attached this in an image - can this be done without hours of formatting so that i can simply enter a students age and raw score and get a standardised score? If so what formula would you advise?

Thank you so much for your guidance, it is really appreciated.

If you knew the formula that was used to create the table, then you could use that formula.  I don't know if that is revealed anywhere.

If all you have is the table, then you could enter that table in individual cells in a a worksheet and do a two dimensional lookup on the table with your values of Age and raw score.

I suspect when you say
>can this be done without hours of formatting
you don't want to enter the table into a worksheet.  

However, without a formula that does the conversion, I think you are stuck with entering the table.

Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.