Excel/display the number beside a 0

Question
Hi Edward,

Thank you for taking my question. I've tried VLOOKUP and INDEX fucntions, but perhaps my equation isn't that good. Here is a summary of what I am trying to do.

A1 = my formula that that I am trying to figure out.
B1 to Z1 = each column is a dollar amount that gets calculated once we get to that month.  Let's say B1 January 2014 revenue; C1= Feb. 2014 revenue and so on.  H1 would be July revenue so that will either be null or $0 since we are not there yet.

I am trying to have A1 read all of the cells to the right and return the last number that is not a null or zero.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you again for sharing your expertise.

Sincerely,

Gavin

Answer
As your question suggests that the data will be a sequential block of data, this formula

=MATCH(0,B1:Z1)

would return the first cell with a zero value.  That can then be used with other functions to get your value - I'd suggest offset -

=OFFSET(A1,0,MATCH(0,B1:Z1)-2)

question found in question pool (meaning the person you originally asked was unable to answer the question)
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage