Excel/Form

Question
Thank you for providing your expertise to this network of users. I know many people don't say thank you, so I'm thanking you on behalf of all of us!

I am an experienced Excel user.

Here's my difficult question / situation.

I am starting with a complex form which you can see here:

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2013/13_540.pdf

I would like to some how get that form into Excel (image? background?) and then make all the fields "live" in Excel, so Excel can do the calculations, import data from other spreadsheets, etc.

For example: I have taken the PDF form above, converted in to an image file, and then made all the data fields "transparent." I'd like to now "lay down" this semi-transparent form "on top of" an Excel page, so that I can use the underlying Excel cells.

Or I would like to find some way to rebuild the form inside of Excel, without doing it all by hand.

Any ideas or suggestions you have would be most welcome.

Answer

Thanks for sending your question on my way.

Populating the field data from PDF to excel is little bit hectic one.

I suggest you to build the same in excel, so that we can easily retrieve the required data with a simple loop in excel VBA.

Another thing is that you have to do it in excel manually using copy paste of the text individually instead of trying to convert the whole PDF as excel in one shot.

---

Sixthsense
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Sixthsense