Excel/Formatting changes from main spreadsheet to other spreadsheets

I have a main spreadsheet in Excel 2010 that holds all of my organizations information. I have 6 additional tabs (for co-workers) that are set up to pick up specific information needed from the main spreadsheet for individual co-workers to view. I used the = to do this.

Sheet 2 A1=A1 on main spreadsheet.

My problem is that the formats on the main sheet don't transfer over to the other sheets, so items that are in bold or if the cell is highlighted it doesn't show up. Is there way to do this?

Hi Anthony,

There is no way to link formats through formulae
You have two methods to handle this-
1. Use the format painter, select the source formatting in sheet one and apply it to destination sheet.
2. Copy the source cells and use paste special to paste formatting only.

If you still want it to be more automated and hi-tech, you could explore using conditional formatting.

Hope this helps,
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India