Excel/Match cell content then return back the value of cell next to it

Question
The problem I am facing now is that I need to fill in missing numbers for some of my values.  

For example, in column A (A1-A3), I have (1 5 7) and in column B (B1-B3), I have (59 53 21).  I need to add the missing numbers, i.e. 2,3,4 and 6 back to column A and add 0 to the cell next to them.

A B
 1 59
 5 53
 7 21

becoming

A B
 1 59
 2 0
 3 0
 4 0
 5 53
 6 0
 7 21

Is there a VBA code to solve this problem?

Answer
Donald,

Lightly tested, but this worked for me.

Sub EFG()
Dim i As Long
i = 1
Do While Cells(i + 1, 1) <> ""
If Cells(i, 1) < Cells(i + 1, 1) - 1 Then
 Rows(i + 1).EntireRow.Insert
 Cells(i + 1, 1) = Cells(i, 1) + 1
 Cells(i + 1, 2) = 0
i = i + 1
End If
' If i > 20 Then Exit Sub
Do While Cells(i, 1) = Cells(i + 1, 1) - 1
i = i + 1
Loop
Loop
End Sub

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy