Excel/Pulling Last Cell Value From Other Worksheets

Question
Hi Richard - Thank you for taking the time to look at my question.  I'm working on our yearly sales forecast/actuals numbers. The workbook has 13 sheets in it - one for each month and one master that I want to pull information from the other 12.  Each month's sheet has three areas that I want the master to look at:  2 month forecast, 1 month forecast and actual.  I want it to take the last value of those three cells, meaning if we are finished with the month, it will take the actuals.  If we are still a month out, it will take the 1 month forecast, and the same for 2 months out.  The values are only filled in as time goes on, so the master would change from what was forecasted at 1 and 2 months eventually into the actuals.  I've tried IF, MATCH, INDEX, IFBLANK, etc. and had no luck.  I hope I've given you enough info to help me out.  I appreciate it very much.

Answer
Rachel

Construction of formulas very much relates to how the data, from which you are pulling, is situated in your monthly sheets.  Because of that, it would be very helpful if you could send me your workbook.  I will take a look and see if we can come up with an easy way to retrieve the data the way you want it.

Send the workbook to rirstress@aol.com and put "All experts question" in the subject.

Richard
Florida
USA
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts